Monday, April 17, 2006

Projects

I have two projects currently on the go, enough for me considering how little time I really have, usually found while watching TV shows or listening to audiobooks.

Grandma always hated idle hands, and though she didn't teach me knitting she always made sure I had crochet or cross-stitch going so I wasn't completely idle. I like the habit though, it means I get to do two things I enjoy at the same time. One is watch Lost and Amazing Race, the other is to knit or do other crafty things.

So my current projects are a lovely Harry Potter scarf, using the Ravenclaw colours from the movies (I always thought I'd be a Ravenclaw) and the Azkaban Pattern at Atypically Knit.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I still have 8 more captured stripes to go, but the scarf is coming along nicely, especially as this is my first knitting project in years, all of which were previously done on straight needles and in one colour to make little scarves.

The other project is the fingerless gloves pattern from The Yarnpath. This is an interesting undertaking in itself as I've never worked dpn before, nor have I worked cabling. Probably more complex than some would suggest for a beginner but the first glove is coming along nicely so far. I've also had great help in the form of the free videos at Knitting Help to get me started.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Angle 1

Image hosting by Photobucket
Angle 2

I figure I'll get them long enough to be almost at my elbows. Maybe.

No comments: