Thursday, November 23, 2006

Iiiinteresting..

So Google now owns Blogger hmm?

Okay. Well as long as I have no problems, I'll be happy.

But on to my post!

The other day, while I was on the bus, I was pondering what other people saw when they saw 
me knitting. Especially since it was (and still is) well below 0 celcius out. While I was pondering
this with half my mind, I was on the bus with mostly men (I work in an industrial park), and looking rather sexless myself considering I wear jeans to work and I had on my huge down jacket, and a ball cap from a trucking company pulled low over my eyes. I of course had my knitting in my turquoise GoKnit pouch and working away on my tiny needles..

Considering that I've been called sir at times, it makes me wonder what the guys thought of me.

The sock is coming along well. I'm almost ready to start turning my first heel. From the pattern,  think this is a heel flap. I don't know. I'm just following the pattern. The sock looks good so far though.

Someone, I forget who at the moment, recently made mention of the difference between process and FO knitters. I am definitely a process knitter. I don't knit for the FO, I knit because it soothes me. It lets my mind drift in interesting ways or not at all as I let the yarn slip through my fingers and on to my needles in all manner of ways. 

This is why I have so many projects on the go. They all use a variety of stitches, something new 
that caught my eye or some new pattern or colourway. It's very much something to calm me 
and just reset at the end of a long day at work.

That's why I do it. I enjoy the act of knitting, the final result is just a bonus.

No comments: