Saturday, January 02, 2010

First Post of 2010

So it's a new year! I'm hoping this year goes as good as (better in fact, because there were some hiccups that I really, really would rather not have had to deal with.. but I'll manage).

On the crafty front, as always there are lots of plans and no real follow through happening. Which is my own fault being so flibbertigibbet and just busy in general. Plans for this year? Finish the sweater for Velociraptor (thank goodness it's a top down and he's skinny!), finish at least one sweater for myself, one shawl and just really actually finish several projects instead of constantly casting on new ones. I have plenty to keep me busy.

Also, I need to set up the knitting/sewing room. It's currently half unpacked and half boxed up. Mostly organized at least as I know what is in what boxes and the needles and notions are unpacked and in my wardrobe. But this way I can maybe display some things that I otherwise haven't been able to for years.

Of course I am also wanting to do some of my Cross-stitch now that I know where it is. Or mostly. I can't seem to locate one chart for the Alluring Sorceress which I think would just be great to make and put up in my craft room. It's one of the ones that has been floating around my stuff and calling to me but I always forget to go get supplies.. well I got a gift card for Michael's and today was wandering around wondering what to buy there. None of the needles appealed to me, the yarns were okay but nothing really cried out especially since I have what.. two large rubbermaid tubs of other yarns that cry out to me 'knit me!'?

Then I found the cross-stitch aisle. TWO. I don't think I've ever seen that much cross-stitch items in one place before and it got me fired up to do that again. So I went digging and found the charms for the sorceress, but not the chart. I know it's here somewhere.. it will turn up. In the meantime, knitting keeps moving on.

No comments: