Friday, June 09, 2006

TGIF

What a week, it feels like its gone on forever.

I did make my way to Gina Brown's and nosed around for the 10 minutes I had before it closed, but they never made me feel rushed or like I had to hurry up and leave.

I saw the gorgeous sea silk yarn, and was very tempted to buy the last kit for this shawl there.

I might even just go back again on Tuesday, and if it is still there give in to my lust. Maybe.

I've also started a new project, this one crochet. It's the prayer shawl that was in the Lion Brand newsletter a couple weeks back. It's a LOT easier to crochet on the bus than it is to knit, especially since I'm not quite such a beginner crocheter thanks to Grandma shoving a hook and yarn in my hand to work while watching tv. I just need to learn how to read a pattern is all, considering I had to rip it out three times before I finally got it to work. Now it is moving smoothly though.

I also remember why I like crochet. It's much faster, or so it seems. Knitting is much smaller stitches, in comparison, to get the same length. Of course this means that crochet isn't as 'tight' or warm as knitting.

So now I have crochet for the bus (when I find a seat) and knitting for in front of the tv.

Now if I could only find the time to watch tv.

ETA: I almost forgot, tomorrow is World Wide Knit In Public Day. I'll do my best to get out there, but if it's nice I plan to be mowing my lawn and spending time with the little guy.

No comments: