Sunday, July 23, 2006

I'm melting!!!

Yes, it is far far too hot in Western Canada at the moment. Records have been broken all over the province, 30+ celcius is a regular occurence at the moment and I feel like I'm melting.

The only plus side is that I have a/c at work so for most of the day I at least get to beat the heat.

But on to knitting things!

The scarf is coming along nicely now that I've decided not to worry so much about the mistakes I keep making. I've frogged this thing completely three times because I kept messing up and trying to go back just enough to fix it.. and then being utterly inept and unable to return it to the needles. So now I just fix what I can, how I can.

For example: I've dropped stitches twice so far while knitting on the bus, so I just did an increase to get back to the right number of stitches. that's the worst that has happened so far this go around, hopefully nothing worse will happen *knocks on wood* and things will keep moving smoothly.

I also had to adjust the pattern, because as written it doesn't work. I tried it a couple of times, it just doesn't. You see, there is a little note that I noticed saying that the pattern is a multiple of 16 + 1 stitch. If I worked it as written.. well, it was a multiple of 20 + 1 stitch. But that was easily fixed. Instead of 4 (ssk, yo) I do 3 and only 7 knits and later it's just 3 (yo, k2tog) instead of 4 and still just 7 knits.

Easy fix once I realized what was wrong. I think they just mis-typed because it's the same pattern for the storm water shawl only smaller.

In other news, it is far too hot to be thinking of fingerless gloves but I've decided to go for a different style that I saw and liked better than the ones I had started.

The Fetching from Knitty's latest issue look nicer IMO, and I think will come in handy this winter. I'll probably make up a pair for my step-mom as well, once I've tried it for me, because she delivers papers and she only has those thin gloves... a pair of these would keep the rest of her hand warm and could easily be layered over the thin cotton gloves.

Maybe next time I post I'll get up pictures for the scarf.

No comments: