Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sari silk yarn..

I was at the farmer's market again, and once more the yarn was back. There's also a lady who sells many various felted products (purses, bags, slippers) and I was nosing around her cart when I discovered sari silk scarves.

I was thisclose to buying one, but I didn't. She was also selling the yarn for $6 a ball, but I didn't buy that either.

At the moment I'm half wishing I had, but I've got projects right now on the go, I have two scarves I'm making for myself so I don't need to buy one and I don't know what I'd do with the yarn.

One of these weeks I'm going to hit one of the other stores around here just to compare prices and atmosphere. I just need to find the time.

Ah well.

I am almost done the fingerless gloves I was working on for myself as a test knit. Next step is to get some other yarn and maybe some smaller needles and make a set or three for Christmas presents. They are definitely the easiest thing I can knit up on the bus and at work. I may even try my hands at socks soon too, just a simple pattern, as that would travel well also.

I'm off to enjoy the rest of this gorgeous weekend though.

No comments: