Friday, October 27, 2006

Socks socks socks..

They're going a lot more slowly than I thought they would.

First I hit a snag by ending up with broken needles via preschool age Velociraptor(new ones are safely kept in my room).

Then I was merrily knitting away and had gotten a few inches done when I took a good long look at it.

It looked more like a sleeve than a sock.

Seriously, I slipped it over my wrist just out of curiousity and it was about the size of one of my sweaters floating around my wrist. If it was that big unstretched, how big do you think it would've been on my feet?

So I frogged it, and now I have two books coming from the library on how to knit socks. Just basic patterns.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have experienced this (I know it, reading from other people's blogs) but still. It's embarassing.

Well, hopefully third time's the charm.. I really do want to give my best friend a pair of hand knitted socks for Christmas. She loves socks of all kinds, and what could be better for a sock lover?

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hey Arsie - you can knit those socks. They're really not that hard. I have a basic top down pattern that works with any fingering weight sock yarn and 3mm needles. I will email it to you. Gina Brown's (and just about everybody) is offering a how to class this fall as well.