Saturday, October 21, 2006

Wine and Yarn..

They make such a lovely combination don't you think?

So I did go to the book launch party. It was great, met quite a few nice people to chat about whatever, drank 3 glasses of wine (be glad I wasn't driving, I began losing words halfway through the second glass though I was still able to make myself understood) and ate a fair bit of sushi, cheese and crackers, and cupcakes from Cravings.

Amusingly enough we discussed knitting more than crochet, which is amusing since the book was about crochet. This also meant I spent more money today (on top of what I spent yesterday) so I think I shall be staying away from the store for a little while. At least until I get some more knitting done. But I now have yet another ball of sock yarn and some new circulars, along with some beaded stitch markers and a signed copy of Not Your Mama's Crochet. I think I'm going to make myself that lovely sweater out of it. Sometime.

Later.

Once I've finished Christmas knitting.

*smacks the fingers that have twitched and begun to reach for the crochet hook*

I did mention that I half-assed blog about knitting and the name of it to some people. So if you did decide to look me up (and when I googled the name of the blog I was amazed it worked.. wow!) welcome to my little corner of the knitter interweb.

But now I shall go to sipping more wine (I'm not a lush! Honest!) watching some Supernatural and knitting away at my socks. Tomorrow I have to drop the knitting needles for pins though and cut out everything for my son's halloween costume. I want to get it done, not have to rush out at the last minute and buy some crappy costume while I curse myself for not staying focused.

Of course I have to do all this in between my usual weekend catch up on household chores and entertaining a VERY busy almost 3 y/o boy.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hi Arsie!
I love Make 1 and the girls too! Couldn't make it to the launch last night though. It would have been great to meet you in person. Another time..... Good luck with the halloween costume. I used to make them for my kids all the time! Make 'em big and you can re-use them for several years.