Friday, June 08, 2007

WWKIP Day

Yup, that is apparently tomorrow. You never really hear anything about it (at least not where I go). knitting in public is what I do though. I knit whenever, I bring it to keep me busy on the bus and in lines etc.

And since I will be out and about anyway, I shall have my knitting with me. So if tomorrow you come across a tall woman dressed quite casually with a turquoise knit pouch attached to her belt and a bright orange rolling shopping bag dragged behind.. that'll be me.

I'm hitting the Farmer's Market. I haven't been all winter and I want to see what is showing up there currently for fruits (if any). Plus I have a real craving for tzatsiki and pita bread, and the best place I've found is at the market. That and the Greek Festival (in two weeks, so I will be found there on the Sunday since that is the same weekend as Make One's Solstice sale where I plan to be on the Saturday).

Maybe the yarn lady will be at the market? She's not there all the time, but from time to time she shows up with yarn (and roving, and knitted items). One of the stalls also has recycled sari silk yarn, and I get a craving whenever I pass by, but I manage to stop myself because it sheds. Shedding drives me batty. :p Some I can live with, but too much.. ick.

No comments: