Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Is it over yet?

Winter that is, and the flu.

This week I have been laid low by the flu, or a cold, or something. I'm not sure what really, because I didn't go to the doctor (okay, maybe I should have but if I can't take time off work to be sick, I can't take time off work to go to the doctor and I only just found out there is a walk-in clinic that is open late hours and even *deep breath* on the weekend..).

So my long weekend was spent huddled in bed, doing nothing but sleep, with short trips to the bathroom, the kitchen (for tea, toast, and more cough syrup). I didn't do any knitting whatsoever. In fact, I haven't done any for a bit, and I am sitting at home now when I should be on my way to spinning class because I am just now recovering (it hit me Thursday, really hit me Friday and then proceeded to keep hitting me over the head with a frying pan until today) and do NOT want to pass this around to any of the other ladies if it is still contagious.

So many projects I want to work on, but one cough and I'll lose a stitch on my lace and plain socks don't appeal right now so I'm being quite lazy and just recovering. I haven't even been following the blogosphere that much! My computer was beginning to feel deprived of company..

At least it seems to be warming up today, a little chinook to get the spring feeling buzzing before dropping us back into cold for a bit more.

But for those of you on Ravelry.. anyone else having issues? I can log in fine from Opera and IE but when I try to go to the site from Firefox I get an error message.. weird.

ETA: I just deleted cookies, it works again. No weirder than when the clock was off.. by 6 years. Took a bit to figure out what was wrong because the time was about right. Little Velociraptor got into what he shouldn't.

No comments: